Your Cornfed Derby Dames may be on break until Sept, but that doesn’t mean we want you to forget about roller derby. In fact, we want you to JOIN!
Now is the BEST time to join the fastest growing sport in America!
Muncie’s own Cornfed Derby Dames will be hosting a clinic for new skaters and referees on Sunday, August 18th. The clinic will be held at Gibson Skating Arena from 2 p.m.– 4:00 p.m., and will cost $5.00 at the door.
No previous derby or skating experience is required. We will focus mainly on basic skating skills and the basic rules of roller derby.
NOTE: We welcome men and women of ALL skill levels, who are at least 18 years of age. To become a member of our team, you must be female, but both men and women can join our ref crew!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: – quad skates – knee pads – elbow pads – wrist guards – a mouth guard – a helmet – water bottle
These items may be purchased locally at:
Gibson Skating Arena (Muncie)
Vital Skates (Fountain Square, Indianapolis)
or online: www.xsportsprotective.com
* If you can’t get the required gear in time for the clinic, we may be able to arrange loaner gear/rental skates for the day with enough notice. You must provide your own mouth guard. If you don’t have full gear (whether purchased or borrowed) you will not be able to participate in the clinic.
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Sign up via e-mail: Send your FULL NAME and whether you will be attending as a REFEREE or a SKATER to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, August 11.
2. SKATE! Hit up the open skates at Gibson’s or even skate in your kitchen … just skate! Just get rollin’ and get comfortable.
3. Start checking out the WFTDA rules and WFTDA MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
4. Please make sure that you have all of the required gear for the clinic day.
1. Come early! Check in at the door at 1:45pm, start gearing up, and be on the floor by 2 p.m.
2. Make sure you come dressed to SKATE. Comfortable workout clothes!
3. Bring plenty of WATER.
Contact email@example.com with any questions regarding this clinic or if you are interested in joining but can’t make this event.
If you’re on Facebook, check out our event over there and let your friends know you’re coming!
We look forward to skating with you!